Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mpunatar1

In 2017 turbotax, I had form 8903 to report DPAD. I did not see this form in 2018 turbotax home and business edition. Where or how I report this DPAD?

Where and how to report Domestic Product Activities Dededuction, since TT 2018 Home and Business does not have Form 8903?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cindy0H

In 2017 turbotax, I had form 8903 to report DPAD. I did not see this form in 2018 turbotax home and business edition. Where or how I report this DPAD?

This is a little complicated this year.

I am including a post originated by  TurboTaxKK  for your answer.  Hope this helps!

You will have to report it on line 36 of your Schedule 1. This usually flows from Form 8903, but TurboTax does not support Form 8903. So here what you will need to do:

1) Use TurboTax Desktop (TTD) version, not TurboTax Online.
2) Use this form to fill it out manually https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8903.pdf
3) Then open your tax file in TTD and go to Forms - top left corner for Mac users and top right corner for Win users.
4) On the left where all the forms are listed, find 1040 Wks.
5) Scroll down to line 36 and right above it, you will see a Worksheet.
6) Add DPAD description in line H. 
7) Put the amount from line 25 of your Form 8903 (see step 2).
😎 Enter the amount. 

You will have to file by paper since Form 8903 must be attached to your return and it is not part of TurboTax. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Cindy0H

This is a little complicated this year.

I am including a post originated by  TurboTaxKK  for your answer.  Hope this helps!

You will have to report it on line 36 of your Schedule 1. This usually flows from Form 8903, but TurboTax does not support Form 8903. So here what you will need to do:

1) Use TurboTax Desktop (TTD) version, not TurboTax Online.
2) Use this form to fill it out manually https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8903.pdf
3) Then open your tax file in TTD and go to Forms - top left corner for Mac users and top right corner for Win users.
4) On the left where all the forms are listed, find 1040 Wks.
5) Scroll down to line 36 and right above it, you will see a Worksheet.
6) Add DPAD description in line H. 
7) Put the amount from line 25 of your Form 8903 (see step 2).
😎 Enter the amount. 

You will have to file by paper since Form 8903 must be attached to your return and it is not part of TurboTax. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies