tommasodeborahma

Hi, I am self-employed and made quarterly estimated tax payments. However, turbotax never asked me to enter these amounts. How can I do so?

I'm afraid TurboTax is calculating my taxes without accounting for my 2018 payments. Thanks for your help!

MinhT

You can enter estimated taxes you paid by following these steps:

• In TurboTax, open your tax return
  • Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then Deductions & Credits on top of the screen
  • Scroll down to All tax breaks, locate the section named Estimates and Other Taxes Paid and click Show more
  • Click on Start next to Estimated Tax Payments
  • On the next page, click Start next to Federal estimated taxes for 2018 (form 1040ES) (see attached screenshot)

dogongulf