Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jwoz69

My software is updated. I go to transmit return and it says Intuit is having trouble recognizing data...... Help???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarolynLO

My software is updated. I go to transmit return and it says Intuit is having trouble recognizing data...... Help???

This error seems to be an issue with an invalid day phone number. It seems to help if you wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit after 24 hours, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround.  There may be some instances when you may need to file your return by mail.  Note: Invalid phone number error: Must be between 10-14 digits.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CarolynLO

This error seems to be an issue with an invalid day phone number. It seems to help if you wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit after 24 hours, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround.  There may be some instances when you may need to file your return by mail.  Note: Invalid phone number error: Must be between 10-14 digits.

jwoz69

I found the problem, way back on one of the first entry screens there is a spot for phone number that I left off, also there is a second spot for a phone number at the very end.

Thanks for your help. That error message should say look at all phone entry locations....
CarolynLO

Wonderful!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies