Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cpicacho

They keep asking for FORM 1095A but I have never received one. I have insurance through work and usually get 1095C, although this year I didn't get one. What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

They keep asking for FORM 1095A but I have never received one. I have insurance through work and usually get 1095C, although this year I didn't get one. What should I do?

To fix this, return to the health insurance section and be sure that you have answered No, I didn't receive Form 1095-A.

Regarding your employer provided health insurance coverage, you do not need to request Form 1095-C, or enter any information about health insurance unless it is from the Marketplace. The requirements for this have changed . 

To do get back to the health insurance section in TurboTax, follow these steps:

• inside the program, enter health insurance in the Search Box and
  • click the Jump to link.
  • At Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance plan? answer No, I didn't receive Form 1095-A.

For more information, see: What counts as health insurance for my 2020 tax return?

jblekicki
Returning Member

turbo tax will not allow me to answer NO to the question about receipt of a form 1095-A

FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

Try the following steps to resolve your issue:

Within Federal taxes:

1. Go to Deductions & Credits, click Show more next to Medical
  2. Click Start or Revisit next to Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)
  3. Answer Yes or No on the next screen based on your situation, then Continue
  4. On the next screen Did you receive Form 1099-A for your health insurance plan? Answer No, and then Continue

@jblekicki

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies