Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I buy Turbo Tax from supertaxdeals ?

supertaxdeals has advertised 2016 Turbo Tax software for 40% off .  Can I buy it from them ???
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

They are not a licensed reseller.  At best you are getting pirated software, at worse, hacked or compromised software.  For downloads, stick with legit retailers like Amazon, Staples, Office Max and Best Buy.  For boxed CD copies, any US store that sells the CD in store is probably OK.  (Target, Walmart, Costco, etc.)  Most legit retailers still discount significantly from the turbotax list price.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You can, but I wouldn't.  I would bet money that they are Not an authorized re-seller of the TurboTax software.  So there is no telling what you would actually be receiving.

supertaxdeals is located in Canada. Are you doing a US or Canadian return? (Thisis the USA forum.)

shopify is the canadian company that is supplying the storefront software. The actual person who registered the domain and is collecting the money could be anywhere in the world.

They are not a licensed reseller.  At best you are getting pirated software, at worse, hacked or compromised software.  For downloads, stick with legit retailers like Amazon, Staples, Office Max and Best Buy.  For boxed CD copies, any US store that sells the CD in store is probably OK.  (Target, Walmart, Costco, etc.)  Most legit retailers still discount significantly from the turbotax list price.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies