Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

disco76
Returning Member

I was charged twice for submitting my taxes. Looking for clarification as to why. I selected only a single product and authorized only that amount.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
disco76
Returning Member

I was charged twice for submitting my taxes. Looking for clarification as to why. I selected only a single product and authorized only that amount.

Actually, need to clarify-- there wasn't a second charge as I'm now seeing it (that was authorization), but the charges don't seem correct. I believe the Self-Employed version was supposed to be $99.99, and State appears much too high at $44.99?? I did not have any fees taken from my refund.
Kendra
Intuit Alumni

Did you select to have your TurboTax fees taken from your federal refund? There is an additional fee of 39.99 from the refund processing company if you choose to have TurboTax fees taken from your federal refund.

disco76
Returning Member

Actually, need to clarify-- there wasn't a second charge as I'm now seeing it (that was authorization), but the charges don't seem correct. I believe the Self-Employed version was supposed to be $99.99, and State appears much too high at $44.99?? I did not have any fees taken from my refund.
Kendra
Intuit Alumni

There were price increases to the products throughout the season, so it's possible you saw some earlier season pricing and still had those costs in mind. The current price for Self-Employed Federal is $119.99 and State is correct at $44.99.
disco76
Returning Member

Website shows $99.99 currently for Self-Employed. Unable to find State pricing at all. Not sure why order history isn't simply available in My Account details rather than following a random link found in the answer to someone else's question (which is how I found it). Thanks for the info!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies