turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mollykk35

There was a message on turbotax that said file by 2/28 and save $30. Does that mean if I file after that day it's not free?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

There was a message on turbotax that said file by 2/28 and save $30. Does that mean if I file after that day it's not free?

No, that means that after 2/28 our prices will go up.

On March 1st, TurboTax Online prices will increase as follows:

• Deluxe and Premier will increase by $20
  • Self-Employed and TurboTax Live will increase by $30
  • State filing with Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed and TurboTax Live will increase by $3

If you are not ready to file your return yet, but would like to take advantage of the early-season pricing, you can pay for your TurboTax Online Federal and State products before the price increase takes effect on Thursday, March 1st at 12:00 AM PST. To do that:

• Click Take me to my return
  • In the left-hand navigation bar, click on File
  • Next to Step 1, click on Start
  • Review the details of your order
  • Scroll to the bottom and click on View Payment Options
  • You must pay via Credit Card to lock in this pricing for your Fed and State products.

Any additional states or products you add at a later point will be subject to the current price at that time.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

No, that means that after 2/28 our prices will go up.

On March 1st, TurboTax Online prices will increase as follows:

• Deluxe and Premier will increase by $20
  • Self-Employed and TurboTax Live will increase by $30
  • State filing with Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed and TurboTax Live will increase by $3

If you are not ready to file your return yet, but would like to take advantage of the early-season pricing, you can pay for your TurboTax Online Federal and State products before the price increase takes effect on Thursday, March 1st at 12:00 AM PST. To do that:

• Click Take me to my return
  • In the left-hand navigation bar, click on File
  • Next to Step 1, click on Start
  • Review the details of your order
  • Scroll to the bottom and click on View Payment Options
  • You must pay via Credit Card to lock in this pricing for your Fed and State products.

Any additional states or products you add at a later point will be subject to the current price at that time.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you can pay for your state return ahead of time too. After you pay for federal, just click the "State" option in the left-hand navbar to begin the process of creating a State return. Then follow the steps above and the opportunity to pay for State will present itself.
Darkseid

I didn’t see this notice when I was completing my return earlier. I guess this will be the first year in a decade I don’t use Turbo Tax.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you can pay for your state return ahead of time too. After you pay for federal, just click the "State" option in the left-hand navbar to begin the process of creating a State return. Then follow the steps above and the opportunity to pay for State will present itself.
MLP11

I am frustrated, because I tried to complete my taxes to lock in the pricing on the 28th. I kept getting error messages. There wasn’t anyone to get a hold of at that time. I was not aware you could lock in the lower amount or I would have done so. Now it is telling me I have to upgrade from Deluxe to Premier, which is even more expensive. I have been using Turbo tax for 7 years and I have never paid this much if I have to go through it this way. Now I am too late it seems to lock in the lower pricing. Like I said before I am now having to go from Deluxe to Premier as well. Which is even more of an expense. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies