turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sixdowds

Where is the take me to my return button in the Deluxe download version?

The answer to a previous question suggested this and I don't have one.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

There isn't one in the download version.  

You have two options.  Click the Federal Taxes Tab - then click Wages and Income - scroll down to Business Items - Click on Schedule K-1, Q - choose Start/Edit.  From there you should find the K-1 Summary screen after you choose which type and you can delete the K-1 and this will remove any associated worksheets.  See screenshots

Or, switch to the Forms Mode (looks like you are using MAC so it will be at the top left corner of your TurboTax) and find the K-1 worksheets (they will likely have red exclamation points if they are causing errors).  Click on the form and then click Forms (top of your screen near your Apple Icon) - Remove Form.  Repeat this as necessary to clear out any remaining associated worksheets.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

There isn't one in the download version.  

You have two options.  Click the Federal Taxes Tab - then click Wages and Income - scroll down to Business Items - Click on Schedule K-1, Q - choose Start/Edit.  From there you should find the K-1 Summary screen after you choose which type and you can delete the K-1 and this will remove any associated worksheets.  See screenshots

Or, switch to the Forms Mode (looks like you are using MAC so it will be at the top left corner of your TurboTax) and find the K-1 worksheets (they will likely have red exclamation points if they are causing errors).  Click on the form and then click Forms (top of your screen near your Apple Icon) - Remove Form.  Repeat this as necessary to clear out any remaining associated worksheets.

jacks0816

This answer does not appear to have any relevance to the question: Where do I find the "go to my return" button on main screen of turbo tax deluxe.

@jacks0816 wrote:

This answer does not appear to have any relevance to the question: Where do I find the "go to my return" button on main screen of turbo tax deluxe.

Well,  the question asked is asking about the Desktop version, not the Online version...so there is no selection that states  "go to my return"

In Desktop, you start up the software, and if you have any tax returns started, they show up on the starting home page...and 

1) you select and one of them and hit "Continue". 

or

2)  IF you've never started a tax return in the Desktop software, you have to start one from scratch,

or

3) if you have a tax file downloaded from the Online software, but have not yet opened it at least once in Desktop, then you have to go up to the "File" menu and open it by browsing to it.....and once opened and saved the first time, it will show up in the opening home screen the next time you start the software.

01_Desktop_Continue.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

In the Desktop program go up to FILE - OPEN.  If you can't find your return or how to open it, what screen/page are you on or seeing?  Can you post a screen shot so we know what to tell you to click on?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies