turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you help me access my filing forms to submit to my state? I created a 2nd TT account (per domestic partnership situation) and cannot sent the forms to my state.

Hello --  I already sent my forms to the IRS per the TT domestic partnership recommendation instructions and created a separate TurboTax account to submit my second set of forms to my state, Washington DC. I, however, am now prohibited from downloading or e-filing my state forms without again submitting my federal taxes... But even when I try to submit my federal taxes again to bypass the restriction, I cannot do it as the system detects a duplicate social security number (which is in fact correct).

Can you help me e-file this second set of forms with my state so I can get these in?

Thanks so much for your assistance!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SueT

Can you help me access my filing forms to submit to my state? I created a 2nd TT account (per domestic partnership situation) and cannot sent the forms to my state.

There are some states that are 'independent' and can be electronically filed separately from your federal return, but DC is not one of them. DC returns can only be filed electronically along with the federal return. Unfortunately, you'll have to print out your state returns and send them by mail.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SueT

There are some states that are 'independent' and can be electronically filed separately from your federal return, but DC is not one of them. DC returns can only be filed electronically along with the federal return. Unfortunately, you'll have to print out your state returns and send them by mail.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies