The verification code that I need to enter to fini...

The verification code that I need to enter to finish my taxes is consistently telling me that the number is expired or that it is incorrect

If after a reasonable amount of time, you still have not received your 6 digit verification code by email and you have checked your spam folder, please see below alternate methods:

1. To get your verification code sent as a text, you have to select that option in your account settings. You will need to gain access to the account and then:
    1.) Click My Account
    2.) Account Settings
    3.) Under the Security tab, select Two Step Verification and enter your mobile information and password. 
    To get access to make your changes, you can have the code sent to your email address or select the Confirm your account in another way option.
  2. If none of the above works, then please select "I forgot my password" and then select "I don't know my username." The system will then ask for your name, address and SSN, and it will attempt to verify your identity by asking questions from your credit report that only you are likely to know.

Additional information regarding entering the 6 digit verification code to prevent getting the expired or incorrect code message:

1. Make sure to leave the window open that asks you for the code. It appears as though if you close this window and go back after you receive the code, the code will no longer be valid. If you need your browser to get your e-mail, open a new separate window, don't close the TurboTax window. To open a new tab you can press Ctrl+T on your keyboard. That way the window with the box to enter the code stays open but you can also access your email inbox in the new one and switch back in forth
  2. Make sure you are using the most recent code and not using a prior one. So if you make another attempt to enter the code make sure you use the most recent one sent to you. Every time that you ask for a code it cancels out all the previous ones that were sent and only takes the most recent. 

I have not received a six didgit verification code