The turbotax program will not let me file my tax forms because a box is checked on Form 2020. The program will not let me uncheck it. What do I do?

There is a known issue with Form 2210 right now, see below.  If you don't want to or need to include the form, you can try going back to the interview and selecting ''Let the IRS calculate the penalty - bill me later''.    This will remove Form 2210 from your return.  

You can type ''underpayment penalty'' in the search box and use the Jump to link to get back to those questions.  Skip through them until you get to that question.  It will be last, see attached.    

If that does not work or you are still having issues, click the sign-up link in the FAQ Notice below and you will get an email letting you know when the issue has been resolved.   

this completely sucks.  I'm ready to file and turbotax basic won't let me due to your error on form 2210.  WHEN are you going to update this form so I can file?  I see this question was posted in June so you've had plenty of time to fix the problem.  I deserve an answer to this issue as I'm a long term customer and turbotax is the reason I can't file my taxes!  wow what a screw up

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Form 2210 will be available on Feb 11, 2021. You can monitor the time it will be available by clicking here

Remember the IRS will not begin accepting returns until Feb 12, 2021. 

Well, that was a useful answer BUT it isn't available.  It now says Feb. 18th but who knows if that will be true.    I don't see why turbotax can't get current forms out so people can file their taxes!