Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jakew3

The turbotax program will not let me file my tax forms because a box is checked on Form 2020. The program will not let me uncheck it. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Ashby

The turbotax program will not let me file my tax forms because a box is checked on Form 2020. The program will not let me uncheck it. What do I do?

There is a known issue with Form 2210 right now, see below.  If you don't want to or need to include the form, you can try going back to the interview and selecting ''Let the IRS calculate the penalty - bill me later''.    This will remove Form 2210 from your return.  

You can type ''underpayment penalty'' in the search box and use the Jump to link to get back to those questions.  Skip through them until you get to that question.  It will be last, see attached.    

If that does not work or you are still having issues, click the sign-up link in the FAQ Notice below and you will get an email letting you know when the issue has been resolved.   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7185206

this completely sucks.  I'm ready to file and turbotax basic won't let me due to your error on form 2210.  WHEN are you going to update this form so I can file?  I see this question was posted in June so you've had plenty of time to fix the problem.  I deserve an answer to this issue as I'm a long term customer and turbotax is the reason I can't file my taxes!  wow what a screw up

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Form 2210 will be available on Feb 11, 2021. You can monitor the time it will be available by clicking here

Remember the IRS will not begin accepting returns until Feb 12, 2021. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Well, that was a useful answer BUT it isn't available.  It now says Feb. 18th but who knows if that will be true.    I don't see why turbotax can't get current forms out so people can file their taxes!

May 3, 2021 and the TTax list of available forms has it as available for efile and mail, but I get a message that I cannot file yet.  This happened with my father's return, but a different form, I complained and they kicked it up. 2 days latter it let me file. Ridiculous. I have used TTax since the early 1990's. Unacceptable!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies