Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rogerch1
Returning Member

The TurboTax download site says the 2021 programs I purchased (Business and also Home

I've spent hours with TurboTax support.  Last week they finally told me that the support people have no access to the 2021 programs and to keep checking the download site.  I'd like to use the programs now for yearend tax planning and would appreciate any assistance in getting my programs. Thank you.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

The TurboTax download site says the 2021 programs I purchased (Business and also Home

2021 is available.  Don't understand what problem you are having.  Do the downloads show up in your account?  You bought them, right?  Are you on the Advantage renew plan?

Access your downloads here

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

How to download your software purchase

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/how-do-i-download-the-software-i-purchased-at-turb...

rogerch1
Returning Member

Thanks for your response.  Evidently my complete message did not show up on line after I hit submit.

When I log onto my account and look at my purchased downloads, I sell all my prior year downloads and they have a blue box that states "Windows Download.  My purchased 2021 programs (Business and Home and Business), both show the programs and the license numbers. BUT, in place of the Windows Download blue box are the words "Available November 3rd".  I've spoken with TurboTax tech support several times in December and they could not resolve the problem.  The third person I spoke with told me that the programs are NOT available to even tech support personnel and to keep checking the web site.  Here's an example without my license code:

TURBOTAX DESKTOP BUSINESS TAX YEAR 2021 WIN DOWNLOAD AMAZON RTL PURCH

License code:

Save this - you'll need to enter it during installation Copy code

Available on November 3rd

One tech person said to get the download from Amazon.  I explained that I purchased a CD from Amazon NOT an Amazon download. I explained to the TurboTax tech that it made no sense to call Amazon, since I could have bought the CD at any of the numerous vendors. But she told me that I had to deal with Amazon. So I called Amazon.  Amazon tech support said that I needed to download from TurboTax since I did not purchase an Amazon download product.  Each year I buy a CD just in case I ever need it in the future.  I used the license code that was included with the CD.

I've been using TurboTax for years and have never experienced such a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

First IMHO  the CD is a useless piece of plastic that only contains the beta version of the program and the minute you install that program massive updates are required.   The download is always up to date so you may want to switch.

Now you say you bought the CD from Amazon .... that is not what you posted : 

TURBOTAX DESKTOP BUSINESS TAX YEAR 2021 WIN DOWNLOAD AMAZON RTL PURCH

This purchase you posted is NOT for a CD ... it is for a download.  You must download it from Amazon.  If you are having issues with that download contact Amazon for assistance.  If you did not want the download then get a refund from Amazon and get the CD instead ... this was a purchase error. 

Amazon article on how to download software,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201380160 

Now if you cannot get help from Amazon then TT support should be able to give you a different License code and deactivate the other one. 

@rogerch1 

I can give you a bit of usable info ... ALL of the CD/Downloaded versions can handle ALL the same forms and situations so you don't need to pay extra for the H&B version when the Deluxe will work (Basic if you don't need a state return).  Just be aware that Deluxe is sold with & without the state program if you don't buy from TT directly so that bargain price may not be a bargain when you have to add a state later.  

It is easy to click the wrong button on Amazon ... check your order history ... did you buy the download by accident ? 

1.jpg2.jpg3a.jpg

Yes there does seem to be a problem with the download saying Nov 3.  It has been reported to the Moderator.  

@Critter-3  If he bought the Amazon download it would not be showing up in his Turbo Tax download account.  He went to Turbo Tax to get the download instead of using the CD.   Turbo Tax probably knows the License Code is from Amazon.  There have been several posts about the download saying available Nov3.  They are from Amazon buyers.   Amazon seems to have problems.  There was another problem with Amazon too.

UPDATE  just got a message from a Champ.  The moderator gave an update.  It is a Turbo Tax issue.  They are working to fix it.

rogerch1
Returning Member

Thank you for your input.  Today, TurboTax tech support told me to return the purchased CDs to Amazon and buy TurboTax from either TurboTax or another vendor.  I returned the purchased CDs to Amazon.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Funny thing with Amazon purchases ... there always seems to be glitches  early in the  season.  And you have to watch out "who" you are actually buying from on Amazon ... sometimes you are not actually buying from them but from a third party vendor using the Amazon platform. Buyer beware.   

If you are stuck on a CD format then may I suggest you buy it at a local big box store like Office Depot where you can walk out with it in your hand and can usually get a "loss leader" price.  If you wait until March to buy the price goes down significantly as they try to clear out the remaining stock.  

If you need to do estimates before the end of the year you should be using the prior tax year program.  No one needs the new year's program before March if you have anything other than a real simple return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies