Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ammo3

The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be yo

After spending over $200, and four hours of answering simple questions, TT pronounced my return "finished."

I re-checked carefully, and submitted after everything looked OK. Only then did TT allow me to see the actual Form 1040.

The right numbers are on the wrong lines, and there are glaring inaccuracies on Schedule E.  Again, there was no way to view the actual form until it had been submitted. This can only result in unwanted scrutiny, which is merely annoying to me, but I am sure there are others who are more concerned with their image with IRS.

I must now file 1040x manually. 

AMMO3

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Yes you can always see the actual return and forms before you file.  And you should review it before you file.  Are you using the Online version or the Desktop program as shown on your post?  

If you have the Desktop program you can switch to Forms mode anytime and see everything and worksheets, etc.  

You are posting from the CD/download for Home and Business.  At any time at all while you were preparing your return you could have switched to Forms mode to see any of your forms or schedules.   Then after looking at the forms you just click and switch back to "Easy Step."   

As for manually preparing a 1040X-----you can use your software to amend if you need to.  Go to Federal>Other Tax Situations>Other Tax Forms >Amend a tax return

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If you actually used  online TurboTax instead of the Home and Business that you posted your question from, online TurboTax does not have forms mode, so while you are preparing your return you can only preview the Form 1040 and the Schedules 1-3.  

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

If you used online and need to amend

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-change-correct-return-a...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

For Online version,  Before filing,  You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies