Solved: The IRS has been requesting that taxpayers with he...

What should i do the irs requested form 8962 and copy of 1095a what do i need to do?

The IRS has been requesting that taxpayers with health insurance from the MarketPlace, send them a copy of your 1095-A, the Form 8962 and the "newly computed"  page two of a form 1040 or 1040A which shows the change(s) to your return. Be sure to read the details of your letter, to help with this see Understanding Your Letter 0012C.

Please follow the instructions below to enter in your Form 1095-A (which will automatically prepare Form 8962) as well as print your return.

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online using your username and password
  2. Click on Taxes in the white banner at the top
  3. Click on Amend (change return) under Some things you  can do (Note, you will not send in the amendment Form 1040X, instead we are just using the amendment feature to prepare the documents the IRS is requesting.)
  4. Click on Amend Using TurboTax Online
  5. Click on Continue
  6. Click Yes, I need to amend a return I already filed, then click I need to amend my 2015 return
  7. Next select update or edit next to 1095-A (health insurance premium tax credits for 8962)
  8. Enter your Form 1095-A.
  9. Next, click on My Account
  10. Click on Tools
  11. Click on Print Center, then select the current year return
  12. Under printing Options, select all forms from the drop-down and click view or print.
  13. Then you can print Form 8962 and the second page for your 1040 and respond to the IRS notice either phone or by mail.

Note: If you don't have a My Account, try maximizing your window and/or zooming out your browser.  If you are on a mobile device, you will not have access to My Account or Tools.

After entering the appropriate information, then you will need to print the forms to mail. To do so, complete steps 1-4 above, then select Download all forms and worksheets.

the irs is asking fo0r 8962 and 1095a and I have already filed

find form8962

4. Click on Amend Using TurboTax Online
  5. Click on Continue
  8. Enter your Form 1095-A.
  9. Next, click on My Account
  10. Click on Tools