turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nsfogg96

On my W-2G my box 11, there is a typo on the information they put for my driver's liscense. One of the digits is wrong. Do I have to correct this? Or can I file as is?

They recorded my second ID correctly (my social security number). I shouldn't have to get it corrected if the IRS can identify me, right?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

On my W-2G my box 11, there is a typo on the information they put for my driver's liscense. One of the digits is wrong. Do I have to correct this? Or can I file as is?

You will need to have whoever issued the W2 correct it and send you the corrected W2, you cannot correct it yourself.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The drivers license number should be corrected
 This is necessary to prove that you are confirming your identity

You will need to have whoever issued the W2 correct it and send you the corrected W2, you cannot correct it yourself.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies