The date for availability of form 8815 within TT h...

The date for availability of form 8815 within TT has changed yet again - preventing me from filing my taxes. Why is this not getting completed so that I can file?

The form availability date has changed 4 times!

We have to wait for the IRS to finalize the form and give us permission to update our software before we are allowed to have our customers e-fil .

• Form 8815, Exclusion of Interest from Series EE and I U.S. Savings Bonds. It's scheduled to be updated in our system some time on 3-4-2021.

If you cashed series EE or I U.S. savings bonds this year that were issued after 1989, you may be able to exclude from your income part or all of the interest on those bonds. Use Form 8815 to figure the amount of any interest you may exclude.

You can take the exclusion if all four of the following apply.

1. You cashed qualified U.S. savings bonds in 2020 that were issued after 1989.

2. You paid qualified higher education expenses in 2020 for yourself, your spouse, or your dependents.

3. Your filing status is any status except married filing separately.

4. Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI) is less than: $97,350 if single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er); $153,550 if married filing jointly.  

Odd, as I just called the IRS and the form is available. I really wanted to get my refund, so I may just have to go elsewhere to accomplish this.

Also interesting is when I go to a competitor tool and file my return - there is no issue with form 8815.

Sorry to have to drop TT - but it's looking like the product is no longer viable.