The California Young Child Tax Credit button doesn...

peterson-debra-a

The California Young Child Tax Credit button doesn't work. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

AmyC

Ca Form 3514, Young Child Tax Credit (YCTC),  is available to those who qualify A refundable YCTC up to $1,000 is available to taxpayers who also qualify for the California EIC with at least one qualifying child younger than age six as of the last day of the tax year. The YCTC amount phases out as earned income exceeds the threshold amount of $25,000. For every $100 over $25,000, the YCTC is reduced by $20, and completely phases out at $30,000. The YCTC is computed in Part VII, Form 3514.

The program should be calculating this for you. See How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing? and take a look at your CA return. Form 540, line 76, would show your credit.

peterson-debra-a

I understand the basis of the Credit; but that wasn't what I'm saying/asking. When I click to start that portion, it takes me to the California Earned Income Tax Credit (the button above the California Young Child Tax Credit). Is anyone else experiencing this? All TurboTax Live Help chat tells me is, they'll get it working...

jeriwebb

I am having the same or similar problem. Form 3514 shows that there is a $1,000 young child tax credit but form 540 does not.