Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My status bar on turbo tax is full what does that mean ? Does it mean I was approved ? Or what I’m so confused this is my first time filling for taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
EdwardLO

My status bar on turbo tax is full what does that mean ? Does it mean I was approved ? Or what I’m so confused this is my first time filling for taxes

The bar being full simply indicates that you have reached the estimated date for receipt of your refund. The most accurate way to track the status of your refund is by using the IRS "where's my refund" tracker. See below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5340655

Then in my opinion turbotax shouldn't tell clients that they should receive they're refund within those days or that filing is free! This was my fist time and will be my last because never in my life have I have waited this long for my taxes and had no clue on when I was receiving them.
abner0404

Like they said it's not TurboTax it's the IRS go complain somewhere else.
Techn1

No, its Turbotax. Its gone downhill and will probably continue to do so from year to year observations. I doubt I will use this next year, after many years of using it.

We can complain where we wish, not where you wish.

And yeah, I realize this thread is a bit old, but still relevant.

No they just dont understand Tax Law. If you receive the Child Care Credit(which I'm assuming they did). You will have to wait until Mid-February at earliest for your refund to be process, regardless of when you filed. So they probably file as soon as possible meaning they had to wait an extended period,making it take even longer than the initially guaranteed 21 days. It sucks but its Federal Law and nothing to do with Turbotax. Once again if they had an issue they should have contacted the proper agencies(I.E the IRS)

Methodman

So ur telling me is that if my turbo tax bar been full since last Monday it’sa delay?

The bar becomes full after 21 days, which is the IRS goal (but not a guaranty).  Also see:

When to Expect Your Refund if You Claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit or Additional Child Tax Credi...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies