Ask the Experts all about moving >> Event happening TODAY!
jwswartz31

The app won't let me sign and file my return. is this because the irs won't accept til Jan 28th?

AndreaC1

That is because there are still some federal and state forms are not yet finalized due to new tax laws. So if your tax return has forms that are not final yet, you will not be able to file the return until they are final. 

Keep in mind, the IRS will not start accepting e-filed returns until January 29, 2018. 

You should be able to click on Review to the left, and it will show you a list of forms in your return that aren’t available yet. It should also show date they should become available.  

NOTE: Any returns that include Earned Income Credit and/or Additional Child Tax Credit will also be held until around mid-February. And refunds from those returns will start releasing in late February.

AndreaC1