Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sheelam

I want to download the form NorthernTrust site . It asks for document id. Is it the same as account number ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

28 Replies

I want to download the form NorthernTrust site . It asks for document id. Is it the same as account number ?

When I try to import from Northern Trust (Custody & Investment Mgmt only), I don't see anything about "document ID".  It asks me for Tracking ID (at the bottom of Pg 1 of your Tax Information Statement, and which is 24 characters) as well as the SSN.

I don't know what you are looking at since I can't reproduce a screen that says "Document ID."

Oh, wait.  You said "download from the Northern Trust site."   Please explain exactly what you are doing.    Are you trying to get your actual tax form at the Northern Trust website, or are you trying to import the data into your TurboTax program during return preparation?
sheelam

I aim trying to import data in turbotax form NorthernTrst site. It asks for Tracking ID tax info stunt (24 ch). at bottompage1 . All I see is  Account Number which is less than 24 characters.  Is it the same? Thanks

It tells you to look at the bottom of Page 1 of your Tax Information Statement that you received from Northern Trust for  a specific tracking number of specific length off of that statement.   So that doesn't sound like an account number, or it would have said to enter an account number.

If you can't find that tracking number in your "Tax information Statement" paperwork, then you'll need to phone Northern Trust for assistance on finding it.
sheelam

Thank you

You're welcome.   Is there no 24-digit tracking number at the bottom of Page 1?
sheelam

None  that I can find

OK.  Then they'll have to explain that.   What kind of 1099 do you need to import?  Depending on what it is, such as a 1099-R, it might be easier to just enter it manually than to spend a lot of time getting it to import.
sk8rfiero

Have the same issue. The info requested by Turbo is not on the information mailed to me by Northern

@sk8rfiero
Those log-in instructions are the instructions from Northern Trust (Custody and Investment Management) only.  I don't know what kind of account you are wanting to import from.    There are some types of Northern accounts that cannot be imported from.   There is also some fine print on that TurboTax screen that says:

"Please note,  this import only applies to Northern Trust custody and investment management accounts(Form 1099).This import capability does not apply to brokerage accounts (NTSI), banking accounts, or Northern Funds accounts."

See above discussion on locating the 24-digit Tracking ID on the Tax Information Statement from Northern Trust.

If it's not present, you'll need to contact Northern Trust for assistance.

Or if it's a simple 1099, you can enter it manually.

I am also having this trouble. They sent us a 1099-r, but that does not include a "Tax Information Statement" or a "Tracking ID". Why does turbo tax ask for that if all we receive is a 1099-r? 

I am trying to import the data from the 1099-R onto TurboTax form and your form will not accept my information.  The Payer's Box reads:

The Northern Trust Company

Benefit Payment Services C-2N, 50 LaSalle St.,  Chicago, Illinois 60603

As Paying Agent for:

6716 NYEGP

AVANGRID INC.

NYSEG

[phone number removed]

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@airbournejohn Are you getting an error message or a Review Error? When entering 1099-R information, make sure not to include any extra zeros or characters, such as periods and commas. You should leave out that dash, as well.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies