turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IN resident, works in IL. Recv'd a 1099 Misc from a mortgage settlement & it came from mortgage co. who is in IL, do i include the 1099 Misc income on my IL non resident?

Wasnt sure if the settlement income came from IL, needs to be figured in on the non resident taxable income section or just on the Indiana resident state return.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

IN resident, works in IL. Recv'd a 1099 Misc from a mortgage settlement & it came from mortgage co. who is in IL, do i include the 1099 Misc income on my IL non resident?

No. If you are resident of IN and the property was in IN, you only need to report this income on your IN state return. Just because the company was in IL, does not make it a IL sourced income. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

No. If you are resident of IN and the property was in IN, you only need to report this income on your IN state return. Just because the company was in IL, does not make it a IL sourced income. 

Property was in IL. This was a settlement from my condo I lost back in 2014 when I was a resident of Illinois. Does this change your answer TurboTaxCarolynM?

Sorry I didn't indicate where the property was located in my first post. Property was located in Illinois.

Yes, then it does need to be reported in IL

Thank you. I thought so.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies