Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Technical support contact

Please take a glimpse at this FAQ as it may offer some further assistance on getting your return to transfer over: Transfer last year's return to 2021 TurboTax for Windows

If this article does not resolve the issue, please reach out for assistance from our live representatives: TurboTax Customer Service

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I followed each suggested step.  I went to my pdf file and renamed it .tax2020 and moved it to a thumb drive.  When I attempted to bring it into TurboTax, it told me the file contained no data.  What should I do now?

Carol H

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@cahelton Renaming your PDF file will not allow it to transfer in. You have to transfer in your prior year tax file. It will already show as a .tax file.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for some tips on how to find your tax file on Windows Find your tax data file (.tax file) in Windows or if you have a MACFind your tax data file in Mac.

I am getting so frustrated with this whole mess.  I do my taxes on Turbotax every year and have never had this problem.  Does Turbotax have no technical support that I can speak with?  If not, this will be my last year to use this product.  It isn't worth the frustration.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

If you need help, you can contact us at (800) 446-8848.

@cahelton

This number does not allow me to talk to a person.  All it does is offer to send me an email with the same directions that I have tried over and over again.  If there is a trick for getting a technician on the line, I would certainly appreciate knowing it.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

That is the correct phone number; please take a look at this FAQ @cahelton.

Dear Sir or Ma’am:

I use Trubo tax for small business as I run a computer repair business from my home.  But that is NOT my problem.

I put in the price of both Hybrid Plug in cars and their original price and then I put in the solar panels and their price all purchased in 2021.

I was told by Sun Up America that I would get 11,000 thousand dollars from the Fed Gov added to my return and 1,000 thousand from the State of Arizona.

I put all that in to my turbo tax and I am NOT getting any of those figures.  It said something like a carry over to next year’s taxes.  ?????

I thought I would get those monies this year not in some carry over years.  How come??

I am Bill Cooke

I am a Turbo Tax for Business Home users and have done Turbo tax for some years now.

[email address removed]

If you have ever tried to call the telephone number at Turbotax, you will find that reaching a human being is next to impossible.  All the automated phone wants to do is email you a link to the directions.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

@snbcooke55

The hybrid car credit and solar energy credit are limited to your tax in the year you use them. Any remaining unused hybrid credit is lost, unless you use the auto in a business. So, if you use the auto for your business you may be able to carryover the unused portion to next year.

Any unused solar energy credit can be carried over to your 2022 tax filing season.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies