Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When will the energy efficient vehicles form be available?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

32 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When will the energy efficient vehicles form be available?

For current information on forms availability, including the forms for energy-efficient vehicles, please click on this link:  Federal forms availability

I check the referenced document which took me to this:
https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_mac_individual.html

According to that table the Energy Efficient vehicle form is already available for both printed version and efile. 
Yet when I get to that section in Turbo tax it tells me "The energy-efficient vehicles section isn't ready yet."

So, I think there is a bug.

rgs1

Me too. It's a bug.

Any update on this would be greatly appreciated!

Any updates on this? Ready to file just waiting for this bug to be fixed. 

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Not all forms relating to electric vehicles are ready yet. To check the availability of Forms 8936 (Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit) and 8834 (Qualified Electric Vehicle Credit), please click the below link:

Federal forms

@bllydia

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@IGISE 

Hi, thanks for your reply. So the problem as others have mentioned is that the page you linked to says that both forms 8936 and 8834 are ready and available for TurboTax and TurboTax online users, but when we actually go to the energy efficient vehicles section it says the form is not ready yet. 

Something doesn’t match up between what the documentation you provided says and what is actually available in TurboTax. Can you please give us insight on which side the problem is on and what is being done to resolve it? 

RobertG
Expert Alumni

The page linked IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products says that Form 8936, Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit will be available on 02/12/2020.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It is form 8834 that is the problem not 8936.

TurboTax 2019 Mac Desktop

DonC
Level 1

I think that the 8936 is required for the section to be available. We will see on 2/12...

Looks like the Form 8936, Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit will be available 02/12/2020. (according to this link: https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_mac_individual.html)

waquin14

its already 2/12/2020 and the forms are still not yet available and now I can find it on the list.. any update on this?

HEY GUYS Turbo Tax has told me over and over that this form will be available soon.... HOWEVER, H&R block has it now.... im switching today. Sorry TurboTax you lost a customer of 10 years.... 

crosado

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies