Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Kam52

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When will the energy-efficient vehicle section be available on TurboTax?

The form is active, log into Turbotax and hit the update button and should be there. Just did it and is there to fill out

Kam52

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When will the energy-efficient vehicle section be available on TurboTax?

If you have not updated the TUrbotax today then  do so as was just able to access it without a problem

Kam52

Do update on program and is there as of few minutes ago. Have it open  is working

I already filed somewhere else due to this delay...... 

I log in through web browser. I don't seen an option to update. Where is that?

@miskandar01 wrote:

I log in through web browser. I don't seen an option to update. Where is that?

The online editions are updated automatically.  You do not have to update anything.

For an energy-efficient vehicle tax credit

Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home & Business)
Click on Deductions and Credits
Click on I'll choose what I work on
Scroll down to Cars and Other Things You Own
On Energy-Efficient Vehicles, click the start or update button

Or enter energy efficient vehicle in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to energy efficient vehicle

That's what I've been doing and the form is still not available. This is most frustrating. If this isn't ready by the end of the week, I'm switching over to H&R. As reluctant as I am to do this, I feel like I don't have a choice. 

@miskandar01 wrote:

That's what I've been doing and the form is still not available. This is most frustrating. If this isn't ready by the end of the week, I'm switching over to H&R. As reluctant as I am to do this, I feel like I don't have a choice. 

I have it on my desktop edition which I updated about 20 minutes ago.  The online editions may not yet be updated as of yet.  But should be later today.

daoling1
Returning Member

I am having problem when enter the vin number. The vin number is too long and the form won't accept that long.

cut off the last four numbers. and says it is not valid vin number.

Do anybody have the same issue

bhs1
Level 1

It appears that this form will not be available now until 2/20/20 even though the IRS provided it to Turbotax 1/29/20.  This is holding up the tax refunds of many Tesla purchasers who bought Turbotax in order to efile and receive a prompt refund.  Why is it taking Turbotax so long to input this form into its software?  Why has Turbotax postponed the availability date three times? Doesn't Turbotax have an accurate estimate of the date when this form will be available for efilers?

daoling1
Returning Member

It is available now. Just open it and it will automatically upload the file.

daoling1
Returning Member

8936 is available now how about form 8911 (the charger)

8911 available 2/20

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Well when I click energy efficiency on deduction it still saying “isn’t ready “,,,?

I also noticed that the form no longer shows on the page with expected availability, is there any update on that timeframe? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies