Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I recieved a deposit and it said TCS TREAS 449 for TAX REF for an amount much less than my expected return. Called offset number and it said i dont owe anything. Anyone?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

61 Replies
ptrbrun

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I recieved a deposit and it said TCS TREAS 449 for TAX REF for an amount much less than my expected return. Called offset number and it said i dont owe anything. Anyone?

What is my balance own now

To see back taxes owed  
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/uac/view-your-tax-account">https://www.irs.gov/uac/view-your-tax-account</a>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Carl
Level 15

If the amount is $100 give or take, it "could" be the turbotax fees deducted from your refund. Otherwise, just because the IRS accepted your e-filed return, doesn't mean they agreed with it. So if it's not TT fees, that would indicate the IRS found an error on your return and corrected it for you.

When that happens, the IRS will send you a letter explaining what they changed, why they changed it, and instructions for what you are to do if you dispute their changes. It's generally 3-4 weeks after you receive your refund that such a letter will arrive at the mailing address you provided on the return.

Also in the track my reund tool it says my refund hasnt even been sent yet, still processing scheduled to be deposited on the 23rd.

Is there a follow up to this? What happened?

Is there any follow up on this? Was it resolve?

Any updates? Same thing happened to me

I got shorted 1600 and I called tcs and I owed nothing...dumb

MINE IS $1500 SHORT SO FAR!!!!

So I called tcs. Auto system. You need to choose you need to receive a copy of the change letter. So I call and told them I was shorted 1700. They told me I owed 1000 collections from the military credit card I had. Which is true and I was behind 2 months of child support which was 700..still crappy they can take money from taxes for collections. I understand whu child support is. Point is call them and get a hold of them. They will tell you who and how much

I just called the number and checked both mine and my husbands social security numbers and we don't owe anything and our refund hasn't even been sent yet, but we had a large amount of money deposited into our account this morning.
jbacon

zmello621

This same thing happened to me this morning. I checked the status of my refund, and the IRS website as well as TurboTax both say "accepted 1/31" - so no status as to my refund being processed or sent. Yet there was a large deposit to my bank account today, TCS TREAS 449 TAX REF. Yet, it is 2k+ less than I was expecting. I called the offset number (800-304-3107) and I have no offsets. I am very confused!

The same has happened to me I called the IRS and it says my refund hasn't even been issued to me that I won't see it until the 22nd I had an offset last year but fixed it and received my money thru a paper check and I received a letter I really don't know what to I called the hotline and it says I do not have any offsets or debts I have the earned income credit and 2 dependents the money I received was 3299 less than what I was suppose to received
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies