Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Diego1306

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I need my w2 from Walmart. I don't know my EIN because I no longer work there.

I need my w-2 form from Walmart 

dianeq14

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I need my w2 from Walmart. I don't know my EIN because I no longer work there.

I need my walmary w2s I retired in 2018

If you retired you don't get a W2.  You  should get a 1099R for pension or 401K or  IRA distributions.

Yes I fo because I do not work there no longer

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You need to contact Wal-Mart to get a copy of your W-2.  Contact their HR department and they can get you a copy.  

We can't guarantee your taxes will be accurate if you try to file without your W-2.  There's important info on your W-2 that may not be on your final pay stub.

Your employer is required to send W-2s by January 31. If you haven't received your W-2 by February 14 or you have lost it, we have some suggestions.

You can't e-file if you use a substitute W-2 and since the IRS is only processing e-filed returns, there is no reason to file by mail without your W-2 as it won't be processed until the IRS returns to normal operations.  

@AshleyH0197

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I would like to know how I would go about getting my W-2 from Walmart as a former employee

@Moneymatters88 wrote:

I would like to know how I would go about getting my W-2 from Walmart as a former employee

READ the answer directly above your post on this thread.

Jamarone

I’ve the information but it ain’t going in so I don’t know what else to do.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

What do you mean by it isn't going in? If you cannot import your W-2, you do have the option to manually enter the information.

• From the Federal menu in TurboTax Online, click Wages & Income
  • Expand the menu for Wages and Salaries
  • Click Start/Revisit next to Wages and Salaries (W-2)
  • Click Add a W-2
  • Enter the information as shown on your W-2 and click Continue
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Your answer is completely useless without the physical W-2 in front of you. The OP's question is how do I get my W-2 from my employer (Walmart)? Not how do I import my W-2 I've received from my employer into Turbo Tax? I followed your instructions thinking Turbo Tax somehow fetches my W-2 from Walmart by entering my employee ID into Intuit. I was hoping for too much. It was a waste of time. Now I'm replying to your comment in the hopes that nobody else makes the same mistake I did.  

Yknbl87

How do I get it

@Yknbl87 wrote:

How do I get it

READ the answers on this thread.

JENIEJON

I need my 2019 w-2from walmart when I work there on pleasant valley rd in Winchester  va in 2019

@JENIEJON wrote:

I need my 2019 w-2from walmart when I work there on pleasant valley rd in Winchester  va in 2019

Then contact WalMart for a copy of your W-2 since only the employer can provide the W-2

Lili99

Necesito mi w2 del 2018 donde lo puedo conseguir para q me lo manden por email

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies