Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How do I speak to a real person at Turbo Tax , need a number

@TO70 wrote:

I talk to someone at my job about the $2600.00 refund and to send me a new w2 and I was told that there was no mistake and you guys had it wrong. However, I really need to file my taxes and if I have a refund check coming back to me that would be good. Can someone please help resolve this matter?

Since this is your first and only post you should have created a New Question instead of tagging onto a post that has nothing to do with your problem.  

Go to this website and click on the Ask a Question button - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/02/202

Peweemike
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How do I speak to a real person at Turbo Tax , need a number

I filled last year with TurboTax with a different email and phone # and I do remember any of that info so I opened up a new account I'm filling but I can't find my AGI and it's will not give it to me over the phone you guys should have this what do I do 

@Peweemike wrote:

I filled last year with TurboTax with a different email and phone # and I do remember any of that info so I opened up a new account I'm filling but I can't find my AGI and it's will not give it to me over the phone you guys should have this what do I do 

Go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts.  It will have the AGI - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

• All the information about calling turbo tax to talk to a real person is fake. I have one question and I find it ridiculous that I have to pay $30 to upgrade my account . All that to speak to a real person for one question.

@Rentes02   Did you try posting your question  here?  It might be faster.  We've seen most of the questions anyone can ask.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Rentes02 Along with what VolvoGirl posted above, TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link: Contact Us
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tiff_0630

I tried calling the number to contact a live person and it does not work, it keeps trying to email information which I don't need. I'm upset because last year I didn't have a problem with Turbo but these year I am. I filed on Feb.09,2020, and it's been over 21 days and haven't received anything. My friend is also having this issue and she filed before me. Every time I go on Where'sMyRefund it says still processing but TurboTax said it was accepted and by March 1st I should receive it. I don't know what to do at this point.

@tiff_0630 wrote:

I tried calling the number to contact a live person and it does not work, it keeps trying to email information which I don't need. I'm upset because last year I didn't have a problem with Turbo but these year I am. I filed on Feb.09,2020, and it's been over 21 days and haven't received anything. My friend is also having this issue and she filed before me. Every time I go on Where'sMyRefund it says still processing but TurboTax said it was accepted and by March 1st I should receive it. I don't know what to do at this point.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 4 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

I was trying to see why i was charge a monthly charge .I never been charge monthly with my other card

@Shauntelrenea wrote:

I was trying to see why i was charge a monthly charge .I never been charge monthly with my other card

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours. If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Got paper work from IRS don't know what to do called number and they said they couldn't help me 

What does the paper work say?    Is there a letter number like CP-???.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Hello how are you. I have questions about the stimulus package 

What is your question?  I just got MINE deposited today!

freeonesf

this was not helpful.  i need to speak to someone. the irs does not have my 20187 return and i cant recover my account info.    It was filed with you but they dont have it.  i cant get thru on the phone im about to throw the phone out the window. get me to a person

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies