Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: deceased spouse and signature pin

We are unable to process refund requests on this public forum.  For further assistance with this matter, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

Also, the fees are to prepare your return for filing either by mail-in or by e-filing. We do not charge an e-filing fee.  

@rhoribe

[edited 3/20/22 9:06 AM CDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why does IRS and/or Turbotax require drivers license issue and expiration dates for deceased taxpayers when filing electronically?

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@Ronald Young Actually, this is usually an extra step added for security purposes, most often at the request of the states.

You "may" be able to skip this step by just ignoring that page and clicking on "Continue" at the bottom of the screen.  I have been able to do this for personal returns as well as my family's returns for some time.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies