Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax return

Hey so I filed my tax return it’s said congrats you are done I accidentally amended but I need to mail it but I haven’t mailed it so they have no amend return because I never sent it and it was a accident ofc I just wanted to file and  get my money but it’s been months and nothing it said I completed but where’s my money ?? Does it take 3 months when they mail ur refund ? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Tax return

Your statements are confusing.   It is hard to know if you actually e-filed your original return successfully.   What does it say in your account about the original return?   Does it show that the return was accepted?   Or does it say something else---like "rejected," "printed," or "ready to mail?”

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here?  

https://www.irs.gov/refunds         

How and why did you "accidentally" amend?   If you did not e-file your original return successfully, then e-filing an amended return would be impossible.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Tax return

Your statements are confusing.   It is hard to know if you actually e-filed your original return successfully.   What does it say in your account about the original return?   Does it show that the return was accepted?   Or does it say something else---like "rejected," "printed," or "ready to mail?”

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here?  

https://www.irs.gov/refunds         

How and why did you "accidentally" amend?   If you did not e-file your original return successfully, then e-filing an amended return would be impossible.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Tax return

Hey so I don’t know what I did or what’s going that’s why I came on here but what my TurboTax says is congrats ur taxes are done and in my federal and state just says ready to mail what does that mean ? I had filed march 21 they are going to send it in the mail I was messing around with something and amended like I said this my second time filing but I talked to a TurboTax worker and she told me I should be fine just leave it as that and I will still get my refund will I ?? I also got a email saying 

“You did it! Your taxes are all filed for the year“

does this mean I did file ? I’m sorry I know im a mess I been stressing over this for months bc idk if they did file 

Tax return

I’m just worried everything says done but I also get out of my TurboTax account and it’s says let’s finish up filing saying about review ? But when I click it and it opens TurboTax everything is done and takes me nowhere and also when I try to look up for and amend or just a rerun in general in irs it says couldn’t be found etc etc 

Tax return

"Ready to mail" means you did not e-file your return.  And TurboTax does not mail it for you.  Your return has not been filed at all.   But---now you used the "amend" process and you should not have amended a return that has not ever been filed in the first place.   You either need to seek help from customer support to get rid of that "amended" return and file your original return, or maybe just start all over.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time

Tax return

It sounds like you have paid for TurboTax and will not be able to just clear and start over.  When you amended you overwrote your original return and there is no way to get that back.  You do need to cancel the amend and then go through your return and make sure everything is correct.  If you did not efile, then you can do it when your return is ready.

Tax return

How do I cancel ?

Tax return

Did you start an Amended return by accident and now want to cancel it?  Follow the steps below. You'll need to undo any changes you made during the amendment process.

1. Open your return if it isn't already open
2. From the menu, select Cancel Amend
3. Select Yes, I want to cancel my amended return and Continue
4. Remove any forms or changes you made to your return before or after the amend process was canceled
5. Add back in any forms you deleted while amending your return

Then you need to print and mail your original tax return yourself OR  try to switch to efile.

In TurboTax Online, sign in to your account.
Select Tax Home in the left menu.
Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
Select 2023, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you back into your return).
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

Tax return

Thanks for helping me a lot one never had no one talk me thru taxes burg both go you guys that helped me he/her thank you I just filed completely my taxes I’ve gotten help from a TurboTax expert really means a lot i appreciate it 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies