Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aljoynes

Tax Refund

Turbo Tax inserted the wrong routing number and account number on my tax return and sent it to another bank.  I don't know how to correct the problem.  My refund was issued two months ago, and it resides now at J. P. Morgan Chase rather than United Southern Bank.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Tax Refund

Did you use Turbo Tax by going through an investment company?  Or import investment 1099?  Those have been known to change your deposit to your investment account. So check all your accounts if you have those. 

One poster found this.....
"The refund was sent to a bank I didn't recognize because Schwab where I have an account uses an intermediary bank, JP Morgan. So the refund was in my Schwab account which has little activity and I had not checked. I had not had a refund in so long, I did not remember the default account I had set up years ago for refunds."

Chase is with JP Morgan.

aljoynes

Tax Refund

I did not use Turbo Tax associated with any other investment company and all fees associated with using Turbo Tax were paid for with my credit card.  No fees were connected with any other bank.

Tax Refund

@ aljoynes wrote:

I did not use Turbo Tax associated with any other investment company and all fees associated with using Turbo Tax were paid for with my credit card.  No fees were connected with any other bank.

It's not that someone "used" an investment site to prepare the TurboTax return.  It's that even while using the product normally,  TurboTax in the past has occasionally on its own used a person's brokerage account to receive the deposit without the filer realizing it.  Exactly how it does that I don't know, but some have suspected that it sometimes gets that deposit info if one imports a 1099 from a brokerage account into TurboTax.  It's not common, but in this forum we have seen it happen at rare intervals before and the administering bank the brokerage uses has sometimes been Chase/JPMorgan.   So "Chase or JP Morgan" is sometimes a clue, and that's why @ VolvoGirl suggested that above.  Did you happen to use the import feature at all to import a 1099 from a brokerage account?

Do you even own a brokerage account at all, and if so, have you actually checked with them?   If you own one, you should check with your brokerage customer support and ask them outright if your account received a deposit.   I don't know if you actually talked to your brokerage (if you have one), or not.

I've also seen a similar thing happen when someone has their deposit go to a debit card.  Debit cards can sometimes use an underlying bank for administration/processing purposes that is different from the bank where the account lies.

Otherwise, you can talk to TurboTax Customer Support and ask them to help you track it down.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Also, if still needed after talking to your brokerage (if applicable) and TurboTax Support, you can phone the IRS customer support for advice on what to do.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies