Yes, there may have been a problem with your 1099-B download from Chase Bank.
Some customers who imported their 1099-B from Chase Bank may have imported only a partial list of their investment transactions into TurboTax.
If you imported these forms into TurboTax on February 15-17, you may be affected. Here’s how to fix this:
- Sign in to your return.
- Go to Wages & Income.
- Under Investment Income, select Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other (1099-B).
- Check the amounts on your 1099-B forms. If they match what’s in TurboTax under Total gain or loss, then you don’t need to do anything. If they don’t match, move onto the next step.
- Select the trash can icon next to your Chase Bank 1099-B to delete it.
- Select Add sales to re-add your Chase Bank 1099-B. You can either import your form from Chase Bank or choose I’ll type it myself to manually enter it.
If you imported forms other than a 1099-B from Chase Bank, please check that they don’t get imported twice.
If you have any further questions, you can contact us at 800-446-8848, 5 AM to 9 PM PT.
- How many stock transactions can TurboTax Online handle?
- How do I switch from TurboTax Online to the TurboTax software?
- How do I import my 1099?
- How do I add Form 2210
For additional information refer to the following link:
I have a similar issue in that a the import process does not include the date the shares were acquired along with some other fields - which forces me to go into each trade and manually edit each individual transaction. Is there an ETA on when this will get fixed?
Any updates on when this will get resolved? I have over 50 trades for 2020 and the order is different from that which is displayed on my PDF 1099-B so the chance of error from manual entry is very high. I can see that the import file has the "acquired date" properly matched up, but somehow the turbotax software isn't recognizing the data and lining it up with the transactions. Any update on ETA would be much appreciated.
I submitted the original issue. This has been resolved for me, however instead of chase bank (from where I got the form earlier) I had to now import documents from chase investments this time. I tried chase bank for few days before trying chase investments which finally worked.