Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax file import error from T. Rowe Price due to Real Estate Fund. This fund is causing a failure to import on all all investment and retirement accounts. Work around?

Tax file import error from T. Rowe Price due to incompatability with their Real Estate Fund. Apparently this one fund is causing a failure to import on all funds and investment and retirement accounts. Does anyone have a work around? I have 20 TRP accounts, and can’t navigate the entries myself. THe tax file upload worked like a charm in past years. TRP tech support was aware of the problem and came up empty and said it should work next year. Help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

Tax file import error from T. Rowe Price due to Real Estate Fund. This fund is causing a failure to import on all all investment and retirement accounts. Work around?

You can manually enter Category Totals in Lieu of Individual Transactions:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4926553  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TR Price advised me to change my password to one with no special characters. It did not help. I did enter category totals, but given how complex my 1099 is, I'm still woried that I'm missing something.  The two systems should communicate well ideally--especially since it was TRPrice that recommended TTax to me and offered a discount. Please send word that this needs a real fix. Thank you.

March 2021 - T. Rowe Price STILL has import problems. Error 103 (That didn't work. Try again.) and Error 902. Come ON TurboTax! Please fix your T. Rowe Price IMPORT PROBLEMS! Please!!

Apparently, having any zero balance accounts will foul the TRP to TT linkage. Also, having inherited accounts will foul the linkage. TRP used to have the option to temporarily suppress zero balance accounts, but stopped this in 2020. I did it manually and this didn't fix my problem--supposedly now because of the inherited account issue.  Disappointed in both TRP and Intuit/TT. These two companies are partners. TRP directs clients specifically to TT, with special discounts. If they cant make imports easy for high-value clients, then we will go elsewhere.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies