Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

i wonder if my tax2020 file is corrupt in some way. how do i use tt2020 desktop and import all my tax2030 into a brand new return in tt 2020? 

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

What?   Your question is confusing---you have some typos.   Are you trying to transfer the 2020 tax file in to start a new 2021 tax return?

How to transfer last year’s return? https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900883

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

YES and look above what happens when I try uploading the tax2020.  Typos because nobody's fault EXCEPT TT because it will not let me import crypto transactions directly from the exchange - only online TT will - this is bullsh*t how just freezes in the upload.   So YES I am trying to upload my tax2020 into my ONLINE TT2021 for the last week and look above screen shots.  just keeps saying it's uploading then after a few mins TT logs me out. 

AGAIIN, i am NOT trying to upload a PDF.  

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

Open the 2020 program on your computer using the 2020 program...  does it open correctly ?    If so  then save the .taxfile again to your hard drive only and not to a back up drive. 

Then start a new ONLINE return by going here and choosing a program first   ...  click start for free  ... do NOT log in first.    https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

First thing you are asked is if you used TT for 2020 and how ... that is the way to transfer the 2020 tax file.  

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

look at the history on this thread - already done x 10

.TAX FILE CORRUPTED?

EVEN WORSE I WAS ON TT SUPPORT  chat and the guy told me i couldn't upload my tax2020 file  bcz i did not file online -i snail mailed my returns- what a joke 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies