Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I change amount on future estimate tax vouchers?

Turbotax generated my estimate tax vouchers based on my current income, but my income will be a lot less next year. How can I change the amount on these estimate tax payment vouchers before I submit my current return (e-file) ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Take a look at the information below for some guidance about where to go in your tax return to make adjustments to the estimated payment amounts that were automatically generated for your 2018 taxes. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4242911

View solution in original post

6 Replies

They don’t get sent with your return.  In fact you can ignore them and not pay them.  Or cross out the amount and write in new amounts.  Even after you file you can go back into your return and recalculate them.  Are you using the Desktop program or the online version?

Thanks, but my question is, specifically how do I recalculate them? If I know how to do this, I will recalculate them before sending my return! I know they do not get sent with the return!

help
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Take a look at the information below for some guidance about where to go in your tax return to make adjustments to the estimated payment amounts that were automatically generated for your 2018 taxes. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4242911

This does not answer the question.  How does one change the estimated tax calculated by the program?  Also, related question:  How does one get rid of the "do not submit" notation on the voucher?  This is all very frustrating.  I'm going to seek an alternative to Turbotax next tax year.

Figured out myself that to change the calculated estimated tax get into the forms view, go to the estimated tax worksheet, pull down the edit menu and select "override".  Entries in the form can then be changed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies