My parents claimed me as dependent in 2018 tax period, and I am 23 now. But I filed my 2019 tax as an Independent, for some reason, I have to mail my tax files to IRS to file my tax. ( I just mailed it out today). Am I eligible to receive the Stimulus Check?
This is the way the IRS explains it. Whether or not you are actually claimed is irrelevant.
Taxpayers likely won't qualify for an Economic Impact Payment if any of the following apply:
- Your adjusted gross income is greater than
- $99,000 if your filing status was single or married filing separately
- $136,500 for head of household
- $198,000 if your filing status was married filing jointly
- You can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return. For example, this would include a child, student or older dependent who can be claimed on a parent’s return.
- You do not have a valid Social Security number.
- You are a nonresident alien.
- You filed Form 1040-NR or Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040-PR or Form 1040-SS for 2019.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
But my question is my parents claimed me as a dependent when they filed the 2018 tax, and this year(2019), I filed my tax as an independent. Am I still eligible to receive the check?