Lucian

Stimulus Check for people on State Disability

Hello, I did not file for 2018 and was not expecting to file for 2019 due to not working because of a work related injury. I was hurt at work and have been dealing with workers comp and state level disability, and was told that I did not need to file back in early 2019 because I had no income outside of the workers comp and state disability. I have since filed for SSI, but it is still pending review/approval. How can I make sure I can get the stimulus check? I am at a full on loss, I have been searching for information to make sure I do this right, but the IRS isn't taking calls right now. 

Texas Roger

You don't need to file a tax return. Use this TurboTax web site to provide direct deposit information to the IRS so that you will receive the payment: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

Lucian

hello, thank you for your reply.

I have figured it out. The site kept trying to take me to my old tax info, which was from before I was hurt and more. Thanks again for your reply.