Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ICL
Level 2

Still not able to file my 1120 federal and state Ga

What is going on? we are in Feb 27 and I am still getting a message that TT is not ready to file my business return.    I have updated the software and change browser using Chrome or Edge.  I am about to give up.  Has anyone jump and use a different software with better luck.  I am tired of waiting.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I don't believe these forms are available until the 1st of March. Business State Forms Availability 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ICL
Level 2

Still not working I guess we will see on Monday

ICL
Level 2

It is March 9 and I am still getting the message that Turbo Tax is not ready to file my Federal and Ga state return.  Anyone having the same issue?

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Have you run the final federal Review/Smart Check and had no errors? Also, go to Forms Mode and confirm there are no red exclamation marks beside any forms in your return. Click the Errors icon on the left side to open a footer under any open form that shows the form errors. Also, any form not ready to be filed will have "Do Not File" in red letters in the upper right corner of the form.

If you continue to receive an e-file error message, please post a screenshot of that message in this thread.

ICL
Level 2

Hi!  Yes and it says no error, I also made sure I updated the software.  

The message is 

Tax year 2023 transmissions are not available.  Turbo tax business is not ready to process tax year 2023 for this return

ICL
Level 2

I was able to file the federal return but the state return still giving me the same error!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Although the Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Business indicates that the Georgia State Income modules for all business entities are ready for filing, recent developments have delayed implementation. Since we have not been given an estimated release date, you may wish to consider requesting an extension of time to file. 

According to the Georgia Department of Revenue, if you have a filed a Federal extension (Form 7004) by the original due date of your return, you will be granted an additional 6 months to file your Georgia return.

Department of RevenueDepartment of Revenue

Corporate Due Dates

For taxable years beginning on or before January 1, 2016, corporate income tax returns are due on or before the 15th day of the 3rd month following the close of the taxable year with the exception of an extension.

irs.govirs.gov

About Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, In...

Use Form 7004 to request an automatic 6-month extension of time to file certain business income tax, information, and other returns. Information on e-filing Form 7004.

ICL
Level 2

I already e filed the federal return and it was accepted.  Should I use the mail for the Ga return?  Where do I have to send it?

That only works if you haven't already e-filed your Federal returns. Since I have e-filed the Federal return in TT, I cannot now ask for an extension and you can only get a State extension by obtaining a Federal extension. What is the problem with TT this year and what is the delay?  This is causing real bind, since it says we have to e-file and as noted above I can't request an extension since the Federal return has been submitted and received. Would file by mail, but it says that it must be e-file since that is how Federal was filed. As of today, March 11 at noon EST it still doesn't allow me to e-file state in GA.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

If you have already filed the federal return, you can still extend the Georgia return by using Form IT-303.

@ICL 

@ldvilla28 

@PatriciaV Can this be done in TT electronically? Or do I just need to fill out the form and mail it in as their instructions state?

I see that if you mail it in they expect you to provide it with the return when that is eventually submitted.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

No. The extension request for a Georgia tax return needs to be mailed.

You can generate this form within TurboTax in the state interview section. 

1. To access the extension form, proceed through the state interview screens in TurboTax.
  2. When asked "Do you want to prepare a Georgia extension?", select Yes.
  3. You will be prompted to print and mail the state extension form.

@ldvilla28 

ICL
Level 2

It makes no sense to mail an extension if you can print and mail the GA return and get it done on time.

efstar

my efile of our 2024 1940 was rejected for the second time.  I need your help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies