Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

VATT77

State will not load

I feel your pain.  Like you, I have been using TT since the early 90's and I have never experienced such a bad programming loop that says that you can download the state version (Virginia), and then it says completed and that my software is up to date and yet it never downloaded it!  No prompts or anything that say not available or when it will be available.

The TT programmers should fix this bug ASAP.  Also, where is the contact info to get this information directly from a TT (Intuit) employee?

Thank you to the user above that explained the problem.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

State will not load

State will not load

Sadly, TT is not doing an adequate job of informing users that few--if any--state programs are actually ready, and that the states themselves do not have their forms ready.   Check back later in January.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

State will not load

Yes, there is a problem with the TTX software "Telling you that the state is available" in the first place.

The software fix is to have TTX engineers correct their software to tell you that your state is not available to you at this time.

The vast majority of state software sets will not be available until well into January of 2024.....

Check here to see when yours is "expected" to be available (no promises):

Intuit App

_____

If your state downloads earlier...it will likely be last year's forms and be full of bugs...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies