turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State Taxes

I have submitted my taxes and I owe state taxes.  I was charged the fee to e=file but the app said I had to mail check to state.

which is correct ???

Have I e=filed and the state will debit my account on the 10th  or did I get charged for something that is not happening???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

State Taxes

It depends. TurboTax charges for the program at the point of e-filing, which is separate from any tax balance due that the state charges. If direct withdrawal was not authorized, then yes, you would need to mail a check in to your state.

Click the link for more details on getting back to your input to confirm what was set when you e-filed: How do I change my transferred direct deposit information?

To contact your state, follow this link: How do I contact my state Department of Revenue?

I also recommend looking to see if bank account information is included near the Tax Balance Due on your state return. If this information is not written on the return, then I suspect these details were set only for the Federal return, but I cannot see your return in this forum to confirm.

@colwas2002

State Taxes

You say that my state return was accepted, but checking my bank account the payment for taxes due was not deducted.

Why not and what do I have to do to pay the taxes. THAT YOU CHARGED ME FOR BUT DID NOT PAY??????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies