turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I had to pay a supervisor in order to get my state license is that deductable

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

If I had to pay a supervisor in order to get my state license is that deductable

State license for what and why did you have to pay a supervisor?

Bribe?
pk
Level 15
Level 15

If the license is something that is needed to maintain an income and if the payment made to a "supervisor " is a legally required payment then ,and only then, would the cost of the license and associated payments , may be deductible  Therefore please reply to the questions asked by Texas Roger and SweetieJean, so we can help you.

Licensing for professional counseling. When you are an intern it is required in order to become fully licensed.
pk
Level 15
Level 15

and the payment?  what state ?
ee-ea
Level 15

Not deductible,it is an education expense to qualify for a profession.  https://www.irs.gov/publications/p970/ch12.html#en_US_2016_publink1000178656

See this for ed credits   https://www.irs.gov/publications/p970/ch12.html#en_US_2016_publink1000178656

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies