Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Started working on Tax year 2023. All good but keeps adding in an extra (4th) Covid distributed payment as owed

Started working on Tax year 2023 with "Turbo Tax 2023 Deluxe" Advantage for Mac. All good, but Wizard keeps adding in an extra (4th) 33% payment due on my Covid distributed tax payment, but I already fully paid it back (last year- TY 2022). That is, in 2020, 2021 and (finally) in 2022, I paid off the Corona virus payments (1/3 each year). However, while doing my tax year 2023 forms, it keeps adding in a 4th (again 1/3) payment is due. Do I need to somehow delete the 8915? Or is there an update needed to fix this?

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Started working on Tax year 2023. All good but keeps adding in an extra (4th) Covid distributed payment as owed

The Form 8915-F Worksheet and the Form 8915-F along with the Form 1099-R were transferred from the 2022 tax return and need to be deleted.  There may also be a "Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions" listed that has to be deleted.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions installed on your personal computer, click on Forms.

When in Forms mode locate these forms on the left side of the screen.  Click on the form to open each one and at the bottom of the screen click on Delete Form

Using the TurboTax online editions -

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

Will do.

BTW, I found there is no Delete button at the bottom (Desktop Deluxe Mac Edition).

However, in the top bar:

Turbotax     File      Edit      View      Forms     EasyStep   Flags   Window   Help

With the form open as you directed, I can click "Forms -> Remove ....."   to delete it.

Thanks!

Also ...   I had to delete the 8915 worksheet - otherwise the 8915-T kept coming back (undeleted) after I tried to remove it. I deleted all the 1099s, the "1099 summary" and the form "8606-T".

Thanks again!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies