Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jsmchi
Returning Member

Specifying date to have amount withdrawn field

[2023 tax year]
I don't know why this is causing me issues, likely overthinking. It is the field for entering date of direct debit of tax due in the filing section. Prompt is "Date You Want the Amount Withdrawn". In my case, is for direct debit of IL taxes, but shouldn't matter.

The help for the field is:

Enter the date you want the funds withdrawn from your bank account. This is the date you want to pay your taxes due.

If you transmit your return to the Intuit Electronic Filing Center before the due date, the requested payment date should not be later than the direct debit due date and should not be earlier than the day you transmit your return.

If you transmit your return to the Intuit Electronic Filing Center on or after the due date, the requested payment date must be the day you transmit the return. If you send your return after the due date, you may be subject to late payment penalties and interest charges.

(My underlines above)

I think use of requested payment date and direct debit due date are the cause of the confusion.

Can I just enter a date on or a few dates later than I file and it will be taken when/as needed? Do I have to guess a date enough in the future to allow state (IL) to have processed the taxes? Best to enter tax due date close/on 4/15/2024? Again, embarred to even be asking this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Enter a date a few weeks or so after you file to give them time to process your return. 

jsmchi
Returning Member

Thanks.

...and if they wind up doing that before that time, what happens? If that would cause a non-payment problem, seems almost best to make date into April and be safe. It's a small amount.  I would send a check and be done if not for USPS saying not to with all the fraud occurring.

Sounds good. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies