Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Software problem

• I have had a software problem which 3 turbo tax customer service reps and 2 hours on the phone can not solve.

Problem:
    I cannot get my 2021 tax information* to appear on the 2022 turbo tax on-line preparation form?  

Background:
    1.   I have used turbo tax the last 8 years.

2.   Each year, turbo tax provided the previous year’s tax information on on the current year preparation form.

3. This year, yesterday, attempting to complete my 2022 tax return (I got an extension) none of my 2021 tax information is included on the form as has been in every past year.

* such as:
    1. each expense line for rental property,  
    2. bank for interest income,
    3. each brokerage firm for dividend income,
    4. tax losses carried forward,
    5. annual rental real estate depreciation,
    6. past years foreign tax credits,
    7. past years information from form 8606 (related to the nontaxable portion of IRA distributions).  

After an hour and 5 minutes, the first rep hung up and sent me an email incorrectly indicating the problem has been solved.  The second rep told me the problem is being worked on and to try again later.  The third rep told me to call back tomorrow.

I was given two case numbers: [phone number removed] and [phone number removed]
    Hope you can help.

Regards,
    Robert [removed]
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Software problem

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

You may have multiple accounts.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your2021 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

Software problem

I have the same  problem, only this year (2023 for tax year 2022 -- the 2021 amounts are missing from the previous year's summary).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies