turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have tax levy And my employer has been taking out a certain amount each paycheck. Will they deduct this amount from my FICA with holding on my W2?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have tax levy And my employer has been taking out a certain amount each paycheck. Will they deduct this amount from my FICA with holding on my W2?

Levies happen "after tax", the same as if you got your regular paycheck, then you wrote  check out if it for the amount of levy.  FICA is not adjusted, you still pay that on the levied amount.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Levies happen "after tax", the same as if you got your regular paycheck, then you wrote  check out if it for the amount of levy.  FICA is not adjusted, you still pay that on the levied amount.

So on my W2 the FICA with holding should be the same as on my paycheck stub?

Not necessarily....some employers combine the social security and Medicare together on a check stub, then its broken into the proper categories on the W2.   A W2 doesn't have a box for FICA, it has Boxes for SS and Medicare, which together make up "FICA".
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies