turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So my taxes were filed on the 17th, it was just accepted today, the 21st. I owe 63$ back tax. When will.i find out how much im getting back?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

So my taxes were filed on the 17th, it was just accepted today, the 21st. I owe 63$ back tax. When will.i find out how much im getting back?

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Polv1767
Returning Member

You can check the www.irs.gov site and click where’s my refund 24 hours after your return is accepted!

And will the website or app tell me how much im getting, because where it suppose to me how much im getting it jyst shows the 63$ i owe them

@christophertrive wrote:

And will the website or app tell me how much im getting, because where it suppose to me how much im getting it jyst shows the 63$ i owe them

If you owe back taxes the IRS website should give you the amount of the refund less the taxes owed

You owe $63 for a past year tax due?  How much is your current 2019 refund i(f you have a refund)?  They should take the past due out of any refunds you get.  Just subtract 63 from your federal refund.  

Thats the problem it dosnt tell me.how much im getting back it just shows 63$ tax due, maybie it.takes.time, and even throught the process when filing it didnt.tell.me.either that i know.of

Wait, if it says 63 tax due that means you are not getting a refund.  You have to PAY $63.  Turbo Tax wouldn't know if you owe for prior years.  You OWE for this year.  You either have to mail a check or you put down your bank account for the IRS to pull it out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies