turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Smart check error, Federal Information Worksheet

Hello, 

I'm getting the following error:

"federal information worksheet: Foreign country code must be entered."

I have no foreign banking or wages, and the only fix is to choose a foreign country. I can't find where this error is coming from.

Thanks,

Mike

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I'm getting same error I have no foreign income, won't let me e-file

so my error was in the personal information, I had to update my address because I guess I inadvertently selected foreign address, to correct I edited my address info. Thank you turbo tax support! (I called in to get the answer)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same thing and it is frustrating.  At first I looked back through my entries.  I noticed that imported information from previous TurboTax 2019 filing was not transferred correctly where our city, state and zip was entered in one line.  The state and zip was blank even though the summary info appeared correct on the main page.  So I corrected this and still I get the same smart check error foreign code must be entered.  An error in my state filing also showed up related to this problem. 

"California information worksheet: State should not be entered directly on the California information Worksheet for electronic filing. You must completed the Federal information worksheet

State [CA]"  I never had problems using turbo tax software previous years but this one has been a pain. 

UPDATE:

I fixed the Federal issue because turbo tax imported my stuff and automatically selected "foreign address" even though my address was obviously U.S.  but someone I cannot correct my state problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies