Solved: Since the AGI thresholds differ for under and over age 65 dependents, how do I distinguish expenses for me vs. my dependent parent in TurboTax?

Since the AGI thresholds differ for under and over age 65 dependents, how do I distinguish expenses for me vs. my dependent parent in TurboTax?

TurboTax does not ask me to whom the medical expenses apply.

Under the Tax Reform Act, the number is 7.5% of AGI for all ages for 2017. However, the IRS has not yet updated Schedule A, so TT cannot do so yet.

But your point is a valid one.

But your point is a valid one.

If you are claiming expenses for a dependent then the rule is based on your age not theirs since this is your tax return not theirs.

Same would be true in reverse ... a 65+ person with a 40 year old dependent ... it is based on the primary taxpayer's age not the dependent's age.