arecibo777

Since I am a disable veteran I file for free

AudreyLO

TurboTax does not offer free filing for US Veterans, however, they do offer a Free Edition for all taxpayers that have fairly simple returns (1040EZ and some 1040A returns). This is called the TurboTax Free Edition.

There is a TurboTax Freedom Edition for lower-income filers, regardless of complexity.  However, you must meet one of 3 conditions.  You need to be either an active duty military with a military-issued W-2 and an adjusted gross income less than $66,000 or have a 2017 AGI of $33,000 or less or qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit.

This  Freedom Edition is available online at www.taxfreedom.com. Please note that the Freedom Edition website is not connected to the TurboTax.com website and provides free 2017 federal and state tax returns for taxpayers that meet one of the requirements.

What's the difference between Freedom Edition and Free Edition?  Here are the differences between these similar-sounding TurboTax products:

1.  TurboTax Freedom Edition is geared towards lower-income filers, regardless of tax return complexity, and is only offered through the IRS Free File Alliance (FFA) program. No upgrades are available, but state returns are free.

2.  TurboTax Free Edition, on the other hand, can be used by higher-income filers but only handles simple returns (1040EZ and some 1040A returns). Upgrades and add-ons, such as TurboTax PLUS and Audit Defense, are available.

Still not sure which one is right for you? Then we suggest starting with TurboTax Freedom Edition. If you don't meet the Freedom Edition qualifications, we'll give you the opportunity to switch over to Free Edition.

Maggiegirl20

Is there a spot to mark that I am 100% disabled

@Maggiegirl20 No there is not a spot to enter that on a federal return since there are no special credits or deductions on a federal return for having a disability.  States may be different.