turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdgreen29
Returning Member

Should I file a tax return? I worked a few days in 2020 and had re-signed from my previous job and have not worked for the whole year and not doing unemployment

I have not had a job since last year 2020 and cannot understand the online form, under income I still have my company that I worked for but don't know if I need to change something or just press continue and no I have not gotten my W-2 form from last years working and have not had a job ever since. Yes I did file a 2019 tax return last year. Yes I still receive the stimulus checks.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
jdgreen29
Returning Member

Should I file a tax return? I worked a few days in 2020 and had re-signed from my previous job and have not worked for the whole year and not doing unemployment

Another note: I did not quit or get fired, I re-signed from the company.

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

If you had no income in 2020, you would not file a tax return. If you are a single person, you would be able to have income up to $12,400 before being required to file.

jdgreen29
Returning Member

That's my problem, I did have income in 2020 before re-signing from the job.

jdgreen29
Returning Member

so am I meant to get a W-2 for that previous year or can I not get taxes at all

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies